Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hello, teacher!

On my way to class everyday I pass through the elementary school and middle school halls. Inevitably, there will be hundreds of little blue and red shirted demons running around the halls screaming and generally behaving like the world is about to end. It's a pretty amusing scene in and of itself, but what really completes the picture is every third or fourth kid will stare up at me with eyes filled with wonderment. (If you thought they'd get used to foreign teachers at the Suzhou Foreign Language School, then you'd be wrong. Foreigners never get old...) The children will stare up at me and then yell "Hello, teacher!" and run off screaming and chasing their ball/other children around the halls. It never fails to get a smile out of me...

- Jon
P.S. Here are a couple completely unrelated pictures of some of my favorite people - the Smartwhores...


Post-victory posing!


I like to think that we're discussing popping and locking in this picture...

-
Jon

No comments: