Tuesday, September 2, 2008

AYCE = Life

One of my first goals upon reaching my new home in Suzhou was to identify a couple of AYCE (all-you-can-eat) joints in town. You know - AYCE is right in there after learning Chinese and playing frisbee on my to-do list... I figure it's all part of exploring the city too! Anyways, this past weekend, Emma and I went out with some of the other foreign teachers and a couple of our Chinese friends to a pretty sweet AYCE sushi place and followed it up with a brief bar tour in downtown Suzhou. After a good long feast I felt like I had finally balanced my chi here in Suzhou and can consider it home :) Here are a couple of pictures from that night:

Jon and Frank (Chinese business teacher and translator extraordinare)

Jon (note the shirt - H1 Love!) and Emma

In other news, I've started playing basketball with some of the Chinese teachers at school. It's soooo much fun! I feel like Shaq. I grab tons of rebounds and own the paint. Unfortunately, I shoot like Shaq and can't even come close to dunking... Dribbling is another skill that could use some work. In any case, I've been having a blast playing with them and hope to make a habit out of it (and hopefully some new friends!)

- Jon

No comments: