Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ningbo!

I have been lazy about updating this recently, but I'll try to fill you in on some recent happenings...

I spent the weekend playing frisbee in a hat tournament in Ningbo. Even though the weather was on the cold/rainy side, the tournament was still a blast! It was great to get out and run around for the whole weekend. Emma came to hang out and cheer me on too! A pleasant weekend of frisbee and hanging out with good friends. I couldn't really ask for much more... Life has been pretty relaxed recently. I've been studying a lot and working hard on my Chinese, but I think I've adapted to the student life here in Shanghai. I like having the freedom to spend my days as I please. Initially, I was worried that I wouldn't like Shanghai (I think I'm ready to live in a less urban landscape), but I'm appreciating life here. I love the restaurants here and its nice to be close to frisbee and friends.

I guess there isn't too much else to say. Right now, I'm organizing a venture up to Tianjin for a 1-day frisbee tournament and then a couple days of sightseeing in the Beijing area. I'm pretty psyched to get back to being a tourist! I know that I want to re-visit the Great Wall and I want to see all the new Olympic buildings, but I'm not sure what else I should do during my short time up North. Any ideas for the best things to see on a whistle-stop tour of Beijing?

Jon

No comments: