Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Eco Design Fair

On Saturday, I volunteered at the Eco Design Fair, which showcases green products that use organic materials and are environmentally and socially responsible, sold by vendors at little stands. There was organic produce, all natural toothpaste, travel packages for eco-tours, and more. I MC-ed the fashion show, which highlighted really beautiful clothing from a bunch of different designers and stores that use natural fibers, no dyes, organic processes, etc. A huge bonus was that I also got to wear a smokin' hot black dress (boobalicious-ness was a bonus) and a silky coral scarf. I also got my make-up done....so indulgent in girlyness, I love it! I also got free lunch (a delcious falafel wrap)...bonus.

Then I took pictures and paroused....clearly, I bought some stuff: delicious Australian yogurt, yogurt cake, yak cheese, and a t-shirt from the organization Roots & Shoots, which develops organic gardens in Shanghai and was founded by Jane Goodall, who is a rockin' lady.

To top it all off, it was such a gorgeous day! Super warm, beautiful and sunny, a light restorative breeze - it made me so happy! I'm really affected by the weather, which is a bummer since Shanghai is usually so cloudy and gloomy. But when a gorgeous day comes along, I feel so much more relaxed and positive and spontaneous and giddy. :) Don’t worry: I’m not completely devoid of smiles on cloudy days…at least I try not to be…

- Em

No comments: