Friday, March 13, 2009

Krazy Kindergartners

When I’m teaching the young ones, sometimes they do little weird things that are so cute and so hysterical. Like when I really annunciate my words and over-emphasize how the mouth is supposed to look when you speak, and a student tries to imitate (usually involving the letters l, r, and/or n…sometimes all 3…which are particularly difficult for them to pronounce). He’ll be a foot away from me and try his best…just sticking his tongue out and waving it around in a bizarre and totally irrelevant way. It looks like he’s trying to mimic an enthusiastic lizard. I can’t help myself but start to giggle. It’s so endearing and so cute and so amazingly ridiculous.

Also, some students love to yell the songs instead of singing them. One girl (around 3 years old) always uses her full lung capacity to sing our good morning song. She doesn’t really get the r in morning, but it doesn’t matter. The intense energy she’s mustering up explodes out her head, turning her face red, popping out her neck veins, and making her look like she’s just about to keel over. So dedicated!

Lastly, I just learned that one of my student’s names is Noddy. Say that outloud (yup…sounds like naughty). Amazing. Turns out his name fits him well. Here are some other fun names (starred = popular):

Abner (he’s the one in the picture)

Apple*

Minnie*

Raining

Fairy

Thaigle

Jerry Ding

Elva

Happy

Sunny

Sun

Key

- Emma

No comments: