Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dreams

I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with the blog this past week, but no news is good news. I've been trucking along in class, learning more words, practicing my speaking, and generally improving my Chinese. I've been working out a little and trying to gear up for the coming frisbee season (I've also been arranged a pretty ridiculous trip up to Tianjin...) I've also been eating a ton of delicious food recently. It's been a really busy, but good week.

On a completely separate topic, I don't dream very often. Usually I go to bed pretty exhausted and sleep soundly through the night without any dreams. The nights when I do dream my dreams are usually fairly mundane. It'll just be a normal day in the life of Jon. (I have bizarre theories on dejavu too, but those can be discussed later). Last night, was by no means a normal dream though. It had elements of me going back to 7th grade (I kept telling them that I was 24 and had already graduated from high school) and it also morphed into this weird world with monsters that were snatching people. I don't want to get into the details of the dream, except to say that there was a conversation in Chinese in my dream and I understood it and responded in Chinese! How cool!

- Jon

No comments: