Monday, November 24, 2008

Mario's Pizza

My mom and dad arrived in Italy on Thursday for a little vacation (I must admit, I was kind of jealous…probably because I miss them). That same evening, Jon and I went with one of my students and her mom and little brother to this restaurant called Mario's Pizza. It's kind of far away from us: a 25 min car ride (and about a 2 hour bus ride....we took their car….sweet!). My student's dad is part owner of the restaurant...not Italian though. The evening was a big deal to me because Mario's pizza is pretty famous: it’s written up in LonelyPlanet and a few friends had mentioned a while back that they wanted to check it out….even before knowing that my student was involved in any way.


Anyway, I've really wanted to go there, and the food was surprisingly really good…and not just for a Chinese Italian restaurant! I got the seafood pizza.....mmmm! Delicious! One of my favorites. And my student’s mom got red wine, that she barely had a glass of so Jon and I shared the bottle... Yup…just what you’re thinking…

We had a caprese salad (with surprisingly AMAZING oregano), and some bread (eh, on that one) with olive oil. AND chocolate pizza, which was essentially a quesadilla with nutella inside...i.e., super awesome scrumptiousness. All in all, it was a sweet evening (and a treated dinner) – my belly and heart were very happy (a little taste of Italy and home).

Chocolate pizza. Buonissima!
Over and out,
Em

No comments: