Monday, February 2, 2009

Chinese Super Bowl

I woke up at 6am this morning to watch the Super Bowl. At first I wasn't too excited about everything (frankly, I'm excited about very few things besides sleep at 6am), but once the game started at the bar I started getting into it. The game was really exciting and I really enjoyed watching sports (I miss ESPN), but there was something a little weird about the whole scene. Maybe it was being in a bar from 6-11am, maybe it was the exotic dancer that randomly showed up at halftime and started dancing around (classy is not one of the words that comes to mind), or maybe it was just not being on a couch with friends watching the game. All in all though, it was a great game and I'm glad I woke up to see it!

Other things of note:

1) The newest Indiana Jones movie is terrible. I heard that it was bad, but it is beyond bad. It had no almost no redeeming qualities. Ugh. I felt dumber for having watched it. I'd say top 5 worst movies of all time (and I like almost every movie I watch!)

2) Planet B-Boy, which is a movie about international hiphop-type dancing, was almost as good as the Indiana Jones movie was bad. It was done documentary style with interviews and stories following dancers from Japan, S. Korea, France, and the USA. Highly recommended...

This made me laugh/cry:



Ok, I'm off to explore my new Shanghai neighborhood a little and find a China Mobile where I can buy a new SIM card. Hope all is well!

- Jon

No comments: