Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Quirky Subtitles

The other day, I was watching Superbad for about the third time…mostly to kill time…and I couldn’t help but notice the amazingly ridiculous subtitles. I wrote some down for your viewing pleasure:

Words Spoken: That’s cool?
English Subtitles: Telephone contact good.

Words Spoken: Should I just get a shitload of different shit? [shit = booze]
English Subtitles: Prepare the man’s thing.

Words Spoken: Jules and her stupid fucking friend came up to me and they asked me to buy her alcohol.
English Subtitles: The Kai silk still has her with me. The friend goes out in the evening…know the sexy pole of her friend.

Words Spoken: …by some divine miracle, we were paired up and she actually thought of me.
English Subtitles: Then you seduce Kai silk me to seduce her friend.

Words Spoken: Now we’re never gonna bone because of that used tampon Fogel! [Fogel = the ridiculous nerdy sidekick friend]
English Subtitles: Your whole body hair is very hot…you might as well touch me.

Words Spoken: Ow! What the shit was that?!
English Subtitles: Damn, what is the row.

Words Spoken: What the fuck?!
English Subtitles: The mama of.


Also, Sir Zee has brought an amazing blog about wacky Asian pizzas to my attention (like the Shrimp Nude Pizza with Cream Cheese Mousse-Filled Crust from Mr. Pizza in Korea…holy moly) and you should check it out, too.


Peace! And Happy New Year!

-Em

No comments: