Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

Today is Christmas Eve Eve…December 23rd. Along the way on this road leading ultimately (if only temporarily) to Christmas, I might have exuded a little… Grinch-ness. I wasn't really into the idea of Christmas, and I think that I got bogged down with elementary school teacher pressure to have the most exuberant attitude and the liveliest party and the most flamboyant decorations and the most numerous random Christmas activities (word searches, coloring pages, etc) to top all the rest. I wanted none of it so I retreated…but somewhere along this rocky road it opened up to a beautiful view, and then the road was smoother.

I got more energetic and enthusiastic about getting presents for those I love, about making home-made x-mas cards for friends and family (even though it took a stupid long time), about making a make-shift 2-dimensional yellow x-mas tree (to-be-posted when it's complete with accompanying 2-D ornaments), about relaxing, and about spending time with and appreciating those close to me. So I must admit, I'm excited for Christmas. ☺

Also, it'll be a little late (or rather, in the midst), but Jon and I are going to also make a 3-D menorah so that our heritages are deservedly represented in our home decorations. My mom would be so proud!

Here's to wishing you all the warmth and love in the world… Happy Holidays!

Over and out,
Em

No comments: