Monday, December 22, 2008

The Great Firewall Breaks Me

China censors information on the web. They make it difficult to access any sort of information on Tibet, government errors, Falun Gong, etc... This hasn't been too big an issue for me so far. I've been able to go about almost all of my online business pretty much as I would in the States. The most annoying thing was the painfully slow speed that Facebook runs at here. Facebook actually runs so slowly that it isn't really even worth using over here (which may not be a bad thing). Anyways, everything was all fine and dandy until three days ago when I noticed that NYTimes.com was blocked! This is not ok! I really enjoyed reading the news in my email and now its impossible. I'm trying to find a work-around using proxy servers, but nothing seems to be cooperating. I'm stuck in a news-less void :(

- Jon

No comments: