Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vote!

As many of you know, I am not terribly interested in politics. Quite the opposite actually... I find political discussions at best boring and at worst painful and divisive. I know it doesn't have to be this way, but maybe I've just sat through too many arguments over abortion or Iraq that just consisted of people waiting for their turn to speak and never coming even close to any sort of compromise or sharing of thoughts or really listening for that matter. Anyways, I didn't start this post to rip on political discussion (my Swat friends will have my head over this in any event), but instead to say that yesterday I sent in my absentee ballot! Despite my anti-political sentiments, I love voting. It's fun! Unfortunately, I've never had the normal voting experience because I've been abroad during the last two presidential elections. Absentee ballots for me!

- Jon

No comments: