Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fiesty Children

Most of my little students are charming and adorable and eager to learn, but some are a little….rambunctious. Not normal kid-rambunctious…bordering on defiant, which just doesn’t happen (or isn’t allowed) in China. Well, last week, a little punk (who has been pushing all of the teachers’ buttons for awhile) stood up from his miniature chair, walked into the middle of the room (we sit with the chairs in a horse-shoe shape), and projectile spat…yes, spat…on to the floor. I froze. I was so stunned. I expected the teacher to haul his ass into the hall and give him a piece of her mind…and hand…which I’ve seen to be the norm. But no. She just gave him a glaring look, and I proceeded with the lesson. Yikes.

I guess I give the kid kudos…it was a pretty ballsy move.

- Emma

No comments: